IABA Building Economic Summit 2017Friday, September 15, 11:00 am - 1:30 pm at the Westmark Hotel
Dr. Robert D. Dietz, Ph.D, Chief Economist, National Association of Home Builders, will present an overview of the home building industry using a combination of national and local data to identify potential sources of economic growth as well as market challenges.
The Summit will detail the following topics:
- National macroeconomic growth conditions
- Labor market and demographic factors influencing housing demand (national and local)
- Housing demand and housing finance conditions in a market with rising mortgage interest rates
- Supply-side factors determining housing inventory levels and their effect on prices
- Regulatory and policy concerns in the real estate industry
- The economic impact of the home building sector, in terms of jobs, taxes, and economic growth
- Forecasts (national and local) of single-family, multifamily and remodeling activity developed using the topics listed above
A question and answer session will follow.
With all the activity surrounding the growth of Eielson AFB, this should be an interesting luncheon for builders and developers. Plan to attend!
Robert Dietz, Ph.D., is Chief Economist for NAHB, where his responsibilities include housing market analysis, forecasting and industry surveys, and housing policy research. Prior to joining NAHB in 2005, Robert worked as an economist for the Congressional Joint Committee on Taxation. He has testified before Congress on housing, economic and tax issues. He is an expert on home construction analysis and trends and has been cited and appeared on CNBC, the Wall Street Journal, and other news media. Robert is a native of Dayton, Ohio and earned a Ph.D. in Economics from the Ohio State University in 2003.